Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Sweet Greiffenstein

Yesterday something made me think of Amish peanut butter. This is apparently not something people in Wichita know of. So, as I was pining for its sweet, sticky goodness, my lovely coworker, Carol, looked up a recipe for me. I thought that was great - since I've only attempted making it once (with no recipe) and it was not what it should be.

Amish Peanut Butter
1 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
1/4 cup marshmallow creme

This morning, on my desk I found a nice, big slice of homemade bread and a little container of Amish peanut butter. How sweet is she?! So, for lunch today, I glowed in the memories of visiting Grandma, the Essenhaus, and others' houses. Mmmm home.

She and another coworker also let me tear up, then cry, talking about Tyler missing Lynette, and then admitting that I really miss her even more than Tyler! (At least, I'm assuming). :) This is a small bit of lots of support and encouragement that I receive from my lovely staff at Greiffenstein. I love them!