Saturday, August 9, 2008

Plant drama

When I was meme'd, I admitted that I enjoy looking for new plants, planting them and watching the bunnies eat them. I did not admit that I am not skilled in the art of...keeping them alive even when bunnies are not a problem.

Today, I am referring to the palm that I planted a mere seven months ago. Last week, I noticed that a few of its branches were becoming a little yellowed. I thought, hey, I know that it's a low-light plant, but why not set it outside...for a day...in the intense Kansas sun...which quickly crispified it's fragile little leaves. The few fronds that were not totally brown by the end of the day fell over.

Oops.



Today, we mourned the loss of the "beautiful" palm...and replaced it with....
dah dah dah daahhhh...
The Corn Plant. We will hope that this specimen will be more hearty...and I won't leave it in the sun all day. Lesson learned. Though, there is more to caring for plants than knowing not to leave them in intense sun...


No comments: