Monday, August 4, 2008

craigslist

Well, this weekend I got a wild hair and decided to try to sell our "old" vacuum cleaner. For a little background, around 6 months ago or so, Wayne found a super deal on a Dyson vacuum cleaner. After much persuasion on his part, he promised that if he bought it, he would not allow me to touch it...which meant he would do all the vacuuming. I was skeptical about how long that would last. Luckily, I was wrong. Every time...let me repeat that... every time I am done doing the dusting, bathrooms, etc, I am so thankful that he does the vacuuming. And he doesn't complain about it.

Finally, this weekend, I realized that I don't have to hang onto my unused space-taking vacuum any longer. (I don't have much storage space and the vacuum was taking what I had left of my coat closet). I made my first post on craigslist. Within 20 minutes of posting, I had an interested customer. To make a long story long, as my father would say, I emailed right back and didn't hear anything...for over 24 hours until after I emailed and asked whether there was still interest. I was frustrated with waiting and Wayne had to remind me numerous times to relax and be patient. Finally, we made plans to make the trade today. (1pm at a convenience store).

I took Tyler, poor child, because he didn't want to "miss" me. We waited in the miserable heat (it was a bazillion degrees today) for about 25 minutes until I gave up.

I think that the heat makes me cranky. Being stood up made me irritated.

But, I am happy to say that I called another buyer-in-waiting who gladly picked it up, within an hour, on time!!! So, I now have a new feather in my cap: sold 1 item on craigslist and $20 in my pocket.

I don't know if I'm ready to post anything new on craigslist right away, though...

No comments: