Sunday, August 24, 2008

Snickerdoodles

In college, my friend, Lisa, gave me her mother's recipe for Snickerdoodles. This is a great go-to recipe that I can rely on when I don't want to have to go to the store. And, we all like them! We are planning a camping trip for next weekend, assuming the weather cooperates, so I decided to make cookies to take along.

Snickerdoodles

1/2 cup margarine, softened
1/2 cup shortening
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla (recipe doesn't call for it, but I add it)
2 3/4 cup flour
2 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 Tbs sugar and 2 tsp cinnamon (I double) for rolling cookies

Mix margarine, shortening, 1 1/2 cups sugar, eggs and vanilla until light and fluffy. In a separate bowl, combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt. Blend into margarine mixture. Shape into balls (I use my size 60 scoop - about a tablespoon) and roll in cinnamon sugar mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes (I usually need 11-12 minutes). Allow to cool on pan for 2 minutes then move to cooling rack. Makes 5 dozen.


No comments: