Friday, August 8, 2008

Back To Work

This last week, when I left to go to a lunch meeting, Tyler begged to go with me so that, "I won't have to miss you." He cried and cried. He told me, "I want to miss Daddy, not you."

Last night, he told me, "I will never see you." I asked what he was talking about. He said, "when you go to work, I will never see you." I tried to reassure him and he seemed okay.

This morning, he woke up when I did, before 6 am. Wayne laid back down with him, but Tyler was very upset. He cried and cried to Wayne telling him that "Mommy needs to sleep some more, it is not time for her to go to work." Which, I agree, :) I was wishing that I too could be sleeping. It's much easier to leave him than it was when he was a baby, but it still breaks my heart.

I think once we're in a routine, it won't be as hard for either of us...but for today, a piece of my heart is at home.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

aw! poor little guy and most importantly - poor mommy! i'm sure he'll be fine and you'll stress about it more than he will. on isaiah's first day of school this year i almost vomited. he seemed unscathed by the trauma, however. :)

Carrie said...

Ohhhh. I'm sending you both a hug. Readjusting to a new routine is never fun in something like that. Tell Tyler that maybe he can Skype with Gabe while Mommy is working. Maybe that could help!

StuckeyBlog said...

Thank you, Carrie! I send hugs back to you!

Rustin and Lynette Polinder said...

Awwww...poor little buddy and poor you. Miss you and love you.