Thursday, August 21, 2008

Crafting

While shopping yesterday, I saw some googly eyes. I am not crafty. But, don't they just sound fun? Michelle's son, Abe, has taken art classes at Monart - they teach art to the little ones using shapes, paints, markers, and other fun things. So, I decided we could try to do something similar.
I cut out some shapes and Tyler started gluing (a monkey at his request).
(By the way, he told me he likes the pair of shorts he is wearing because "they look like extercise shorts").

He wanted to add a banana and coconut (go with me here - I made the best coconut I knew how to) - and he is now painting on some grass.



Tah Dah! A monkey (whose eyes are strangely looking in different directions).


Afterwards, we made a paper chain for the days until Tyler's birthday. I am also working on one at school for all the work days until the end of the year - and I'm adding staff birthdays, holidays, etc. What can I say? I have a thing for paper chains. Oh, and I'm a little weird. :)


2 comments:

Jen Bontrager said...

I love the monkey! I love paper chains too.

StuckeyBlog said...

Thanks, Jen! I'm glad I'm not alone in my love for paper chains. :)