Sunday, July 20, 2008

Saturday

On Saturday, Matt and Michelle's oldest son, Abe, turned 5. He had a dinosaur kid party (no parents required) except for Wayne and I. We were happy to help with corralling the troops for the party. Michelle had lots of fun dinosaur games and coloring pages that the kids really enjoyed.

Wayne and I decided that this whole kid party is a neat idea. It just seemed so much more relaxed and with fewer adults to mingle with, we could focus on the kids. I really enjoy having people over, but our house quickly feels small, loud and hot with the birthday crowd. We may be giving this whole kid party a try this year! Of course, Ted and Sue and any family that makes it out for Tyler's birthday...hint, hint... would be welcome to our family only party. :)



In the evening, we went to Red Robin to celebrate our friend, Pat's, 32nd birthday. I love Red Robin, but I wisely shared my meal (which is always the Whiskey River BBQ burger) with Tyler. If I don't share, I can't stop myself and leave feeling ill from eating too much. It's just too good! They even sang to him and made him wear balloons on his ears.
We had a full day of celebrating!

No comments: