Thursday, July 3, 2008

Last Day

On Sunday, we had a Yoder reunion. I haven't been to a reunion in many years because of not having enough vacation time. I am very thankful that I was able to attend. Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures. We had to say goodbye to Lynette and Rusty, which was very hard. They are going to Thailand for at least 2 years. I've been excited for them because they can't wait to go, but it was still very sad to say goodbye.
Monday morning, I took Mom to Goshen Hospital for her colonoscopy and everything checked out well. While she rested, we had lunch with Dad. Soon, though, Mom woke up and wanted to go bowling - which was fun, even though I'm terrible. On the way home, we swung by my uncle JR's and saw their house - which they've lived in for 5 years, but I have not yet seen. We also met their bunnies and goat, Bertha. Tyler especially enjoyed feeding the bunnies. We headed home and had a Gator ride to the Das Dutchman Essenhaus for dinner. The final activity that Dad had planned but we hadn't yet done was to set a bonfire. So, we bundled up (it was cold)! and headed out to the pasture.





Wayne and Dad with their gasoline, oil and lighters...


The blaze.


We left Tuesday morning and had a 14 hour trip home. It was hard to leave. Being home, seeing people, being with family was wonderful! It was busy and we did a lot, and I'm very thankful for the time we had together. During our month or so together, Dad often repeated "to the sweet, young, man!" to Tyler. Tyler usually pretended not to notice and hadn't said anything about it. At a rest stop, we were getting back into the car and out of nowhere he said "to the sweet, young man!" and smiled. That stinker is paying attention.
At a rest stop when he had to go #2, I asked whether he had gone the day before. He said, "I drank a root beer float and when I drink root beer I have to poop. Today I drank root beer and saved my poop for this day." (We had stopped at an A&W for lunch).
When we were almost home, (We had watched Shrek) Tyler said "there's a real dragon!" Wayne asked him what it means when something is real. Tyler explained, "If there's a real dragon, then call someone who has a gun and tell them to get the ladder and to attack the dragon. Tell him to do target shooting and the dragon will be dead, into death. Wait!? That's the right word."
Also, a couple of times recently, Tyler has told me, "You're breaking my heart" and
"How many times do I have to tell you?" (When he has repeated himself). Stinker.

3 comments:

Isaiah said...

So, nothing really happened. Got it

Lynette Polinder said...

I like the A&W rootbeer comment and the fact that he thinks it makes him poop. Isaiah is a little terd in his comment.

Melissa said...

omg tyler's so cute! it's hard for me to remember that he and brennan are the same age - i think tyler looks like such a little man!