Sunday, July 6, 2008

Adjusting...

I've been trying to adjust to being back at home, in Kansas that is. Leaving home in Indiana was hard, harder than it's been since we moved out here nearly 6 years ago. On Wednesday, I walked around in a daze, looking at all the work and organizing to do, but I had no energy or motivation to do much of anything. I even took a nap, which is rare for me. Finally, I drank some coffee and got some things done. I decided that either I'm sad because I'm missing home, or I am caffeine addicted. I was hoping it was caffeine addiction, but since I felt the same way the next morning, I decided that it's probably a little of both. But it is all worth it! And, I'm happy to say that as I've been reconnecting here, it's been getting better.
Several times on Wednesday and Thursday, Tyler brought me his play green beans. He told me that it is "energy food that makes you feel better when you're sad." My sweet young man!


We have spent time with our friends, the Jabergs, every day but the 4th. Pat has taken a week of vacation, so they are in vacation-mode. We have eaten out, gone swimming and shopping. That has been a lot of fun.
On the 4th, I got to talk to my sister which cheered me up. Later, Wayne's parents, Ted and Sue, came down to Wichita. We enjoyed dinner at Abuelo's and then gelato at Chill for dessert. Yummy!! We got to play dominoes and watch fireworks in the neighborhood. That was a good day and the start to really feeling more like myself again.
Tyler has been happy to be home to play with his toys. I don't remember his play room being such a mess before. His Thomas the Train track and engines have been spread out all over the living room floor since we've been home.


The Mimosa - formerly "the twig" - has been growing leaves while I was away.


Yesterday, I weeded a very small section of landscaping in the back which took 3 hours. Yes, aunt Kathy, you spent 3 hours in your garden. I spent three hours in a relatively tiny patch of earth. It. Was. Bad. We have a mound of dirt under the deck that we need to dispose of somehow. The weeds had grown so thick on it (and spread into my flower bed) that a family of bunnies had made it their nest. Apparently the marigolds alone couldn't fend the bunnies off. They had chewed my lilies down to the stalks again. So, I decided I had to weed the dirt pile to get rid of bunnies' nest, and weed the rest because it was driving me bonkers. It looks much better...at least for now.

1 comment:

Kathy Beachy said...

It is a good feeling when it's all said and done.