Saturday, May 3, 2008

There's a Fungus Amongus

Tyler, hiding from me so that I wouldn't take his picture.


But, he decided he could show you all his lovely spot after all.



It's hard to see in the picture, but there is a faint circular spot on Tyler's side. We noticed it about a month ago. Soon after, I gave him a haircut and found another smaller spot on his neck, just below his hairline. I put an antibiotic then anti-fungal cream on it for a few days each with little change. Tyler continued to insist that it didn't itch or hurt, but the fact that we didn't know what it was, kind of bothered me. About a week or so ago, I noticed other tiny spots had appeared on his chest and back. Wayne took him into the doctor this week to discover he has a "fungus." So, now he's being treated with a stronger anti-fungal ointment. I'm trying to figure out how he got it. Wayne said the doctor didn't tell him, (and I'm not sure whether he asked).

Just in case they could be the cause, last night (to Tyler's dismay), I threw away a few bath squirt toys he's had since he was born. (I think I read once that you should throw them away after a few months of use...I'm too cheap for that)! A more likely case is probably the vaporizer. Since he's had one cold or another for about two months, we have used our vaporizer. Hopefully, the ointment will take care of it, the weather will stay beautiful so we don't get sick for awhile, and we won't have to worry about it anymore!

No comments: