Friday, May 9, 2008

Spring is in the air!

Here are some pictures from the yard tonight. We've been getting a lot of rain, and I enjoy trekking out to find out which plants are starting to bloom.
The first roses of the season.


Chives (Tyler enjoys getting oniony breath from chewing on these).
I didn't plant these, but I like how bright and cheery they are.


Azaleas that I planted a couple of seasons ago.


Tonight I cooked my very first bird... a 5 pound chicken. I know, not big, but why waste a lot of money on something I could very well have ruined - Luckily, it was very good. After all these years of being afraid to try it, I am pleasantly surprised at how simple it was. We had roast chicken with fennel, carrots, and potatoes. Michelle gave me some fresh tarragon which was a nice addition. We also had strawberry spinach salad, homemade bread with strawberry jam, meadow tea, and pecan pie bars with butter pecan ice cream for dessert. It was yummy.



We had planned on the Pankratz's for dinner - but both Wayne and Leo were sick today, so that didn't work out. I am still fighting a cold I've had for nearly 3 weeks.
It makes me wonder, will we ever all be well again?
I hope so!


No comments: