Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Weekend

Last evening, to celebrate our birthdays (Michelle's and mine), we left the children with their grandparents and headed to Salina.
Michelle was not so sure about taking pictures.


Michelle being goofy.


We were riding in the back...Wayne being silly this time.


A view of the rain. (You can't see the wind whipping around. As Tyler learned from his Grandpa last night, wind is invisible...in case you didn't know).


Here we are at The Scheme...They serve delicious pizza with honey to drizzle on the crust.



Matt and Michelle


We stayed the night in Hesston.
Luann Yutzy gave the sermon this morning. (I believe she is Lynette Showalter's sister, but I'll have to check).
Afterward, Ted made a Mother's Day lunch. It was delicious!


After lunch, Ted and Sue went to help serve at their friends 50th wedding anniversary open house. Tyler went for a trike ride down the street.



We stopped to smell the irises.


Right after I took this picture, the man of the house, who must have been observing what we were doing, came out and asked if he could cut the iris for me. I told him that we were just admiring, and not to cut one, but he did anyway. How sweet! It is the little gestures like this that remind me of falling in love with Hesston when I was here in college. The people in town are so warm and giving. It is a welcoming place.


Tyler was following the "worm track."




Posing by an oak tree in the backyard of Grandpa's house.

Celebrating with Grandpa and Grandma.






Tyler gave me this lilac and declared that it was my birthday present from him.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, that's so sweet. I'm glad you all had a good day together...and a happy birthday, Mel!

Kris said...

Pretty lilac. We have lilac bushes bordering one whole side of our property right now. I'm been bringing cuts in regularly to put in a shallow bowl. I'm really going to miss them when we move.

And happy belated birthday, by the way!!! It sounds like it was a good one.