Monday, May 5, 2008

A Man

Last night as we were reading Tyler's bedtime stories, he asked me what I wanted to be when I grow up. I explained that I am a social worker. (And we went through all the whys). So, I asked him what he wants to be when he grows up. He thought for a long time, then replied, "A man." I asked him what kind of man. "I want to be just like Daddy." I told him he should tell Daddy because Daddy would like to hear that. He, of course, had lots of questions, including "why does Daddy love me?" I told him that he is Daddy's baby. "No, I'm not a baby." So, I said he's Daddy's little boy. "No, I'm not a little boy, I'm a dery [very] big boy!"
The other day, Wayne asked him how old he thinks he will be when he is big enough to be a man. He thought that maybe when he was six or seven he would be a man.

1 comment:

Lynette Polinder said...

How adorable. I love him!