Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The Sad Tree

Well, the nursery man apparently was right, that the tree is still alive. A few green buds have finally opened. I took a picture a few days ago...



And again, today.

But, as you can see, it still looks like a twig from any kind of distance.
While this doesn't look promising to me, we'll see what happens...


Wayne didn't want to plant a garden this year. But, as spring set in, he changed his mind. We will only have a few tomato and pepper plants and a few herbs, but I'm excited just the same. I also got some violets from a coworker today that I'm looking forward to getting in the ground. It's so nice to work outside this time of year while the weather is so beautiful.
(And before weeding has gotten to be an exhausting chore).

1 comment:

Melissa said...

you're a better woman than i .... my idea of a perfect back yard is a yard completely void of anything and everything that needs caring for.