Sunday, October 19, 2008

What is your favorite thing about fall?

What is your favorite thing about fall?

Food (apples, pumpkin pie, caramel corn)...1 (14%)
Colorful leaves...5 (71%)
Pumpkins, jack-o-lanterns...0 (0%)
Crisp air, warm clothes...2 (23%)
Hay rides...0 (0%)

My favorite season is probably summer. But I must admit that I do love fall. And it always reminds me of my mother...I think I may have been in elementary school when she told me that fall is her favorite season. I think fall is more beautiful in Indiana, especially with all the beautiful maple trees and the brilliant colors. But even here in Kansas, I am enjoying the mums and colorful leaves. This season, I have really looked forward to all the things that make fall special to me. I love food, and have always loved pumpkin and caramel...two foods definitely associated with the season! And hey, ever since I found apples like Honeycrisp and Gala, I really love apples too! I have purchased two big pumpkins to carve, which Tyler has also enjoyed bowling through the kitchen. Warm sun and cool air have made for lovely walks outside. Ahh, I'm soaking it in and enjoying it! I hope you are too.

No comments: