Wednesday, October 22, 2008

organizing

Thanks to the generosity of our neighbors, yesterday, we had a lot of toys in our house...mostly sitting in the living room. When I got home from work yesterday, I commented that it looked terrible around here. Wayne agreed and also told me that if I wanted to keep the Christmas tree from our neighbors, I was going to have to find a place to store it. Tyler was enjoying the boxes and spent quite a bit of time bringing down his little pillows and an elephant to stuff into the box with him. He would then request for me to cover him up. He was frustrated that the quilt didn't block out all the light and that it got hot in there. Ah well, he'll learn.


Luckily, our next door neighbor Bailey (a second-grader) came over and asked Tyler to play. I think that's a first (for Tyler to have a friend show up and ask him to play). Tyler and Bailey played quite nicely.
In the meantime, Wayne and I decided which toys we were going to keep (relatively few), which I was going to take to work (most of them) and which I was going to return to the neighbors(which I did today). I was inspired to organize things in the garage, play room and storage room. While there is still more work to be done, I did find room for the Christmas tree and got some other things cleaned out!! Bailey's (pregnant) mom was also happy to borrow some of Tyler's baby things, which freed up more room for me. After I was done I felt quite satisfied! :)
Today, when I got home from work, Bailey rang the bell asking to play with Tyler again. It was cold and rainy today, so they spent most of their time inside. While she was over, they enjoyed some yogurt (Gogurt). Tyler insisted on opening his own and it went all over him and the kitchen, as you can see...

No comments: