Saturday, October 3, 2009

an update around here...

I was feeling behind in my "what's happening around here" kind of updates before little Olive arrived on the scene. And now...more time has passed so I'm very behind.

A few weeks ago, my Dad was able to make a quick weekend visit. Tyler still remembers why - Dad's last living uncle died. We really enjoyed our time with Dad. We made it to the state fair for the first time since we moved out here. Tyler rode his first fair rides, enjoyed his first Pronto Pup (and I as well - it's a big corn dog), and enjoyed seeing the exhibits, especially "cow milking" (a pretend cow) station. Sunday, Dad shared a book with Tyler that he had read as a kid that Dad's cousin Yvonne had thoughtfully sent along called the Biggest Bear. We enjoyed doing a little shopping and eating before we had to send him off.

Last weekend, we enjoyed a visit from Wayne's sister, Rachel, and her husband, Hollins. Rachel had a Hesston reunion, so they stayed in Hesston. We didn't get to see them as much as we normally get to when they visit. But, we enjoyed the time we did have with them. We ate some delicious meals and went mini-golfing. We also enjoyed an evening with Dave & Teneesa Stuckey and family Friday evening.

Of course, I had also gotten the call last Friday that Lynette had baby Olive. Starting out this week, I was feeling a bit haggard. It has felt like a long week, with all of its ups and downs, and it is so good to have the weekend here. Some nights, the worries made sleep difficult. My boys, friends, family and coworkers have all taken good care of me though.

So that's what has been going on around here. There is much that is good, and so much to be thankful for.

No comments: