Monday, September 29, 2008

Trike talk

When Tyler rides his trike, he often pretends that he is dispensing gum from it. Today was no exception.
Tyler, "What kind of gum do you want?"
Wayne, "I'd like coconut gum. How much is it?"
Tyler, "It's one piece."
Wayne, "Oh,... how much does it cost?"
Tyler, "Forty bucks."

By the way, my grape gum was "forty-five bucks" and the pineapple gum was "zero bucks."

"A lot of my gums melt in your mouth but not on the sidewalk."

****************************************************

Later, he randomly started talking to me about the "old lady" who "died and peed in the blue tube." He confirmed that this was at McDonald's Playplace, but denied that it was a dream. He had also talked about this a long time ago - I don't know if he is having recurring dreams or what that's about! At least he is not old enough to have nightmares about the financial crisis! :)

Wayne told me that Tyler said he wanted new parents today. I asked about it and he said, "I want two moms and dads." I asked what they would be like. He said, "Somebody who doesn't have a son. Like my friends."

2 comments:

Liz said...

how can tyler be so adorable?!?!?! this is the side of him i've never seen! hopefully someday he will feel free to act silly around me! :)

Lynette Polinder said...

how funny! what a little squirt.