Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween

Last evening, Tyler and I started our evening trick-or-treating at the mall. We had a good time there. One of the masseurs handed me his camera and motioned for me to take his picture with Tyler. I obliged, though I'm still not quite sure why he wanted it. Ah, well, we had fun. Then we headed Oliver's house and trick-or-treated with Lisa and Oliver.

**Brief Side Note: We stopped for gas along the way - I needed to use my $.10/gallon off for spending $100 at Dillons before November 1 - I filled up for $1.87/gallon!**

Generally throughout the night when I asked Tyler to show people how he could fly and he quickly obliged. He also did a much better job of saying "trick-or-treat" and "thank you" than he did last year. I found it interesting that he was not afraid of people in Scream or skeleton costumes - he would just point out that they were skeletons. But, the two ladies dressed as witches who were sitting (and cackling) outside a bookstore in the mall, did appear to worry him a bit. At one point, Tyler said, "this is the best Halloween ever." Of course, when we had to go home and he wanted to keep trick-or-treating, it was the worst night ever. I'll translate that to mean that he had a good time and didn't want it to end.

Here is Tyler in his (homemade) bat costume. He was not a fan of the black paint on his nose. He begged for me to take it off and said that it looked like something for a girl. When we got to the mall, I washed it off. Little stinker. I didn't know he would be so concerned about such things at this age.





5 comments:

Rachel Kathryn said...

What a cutie! (But don't tell him I said that--it might be too girlie!) :)

Liz said...

oh my gosh... how adorable!!!

Melissa said...

HA! hahhahaa what a cutie

The Hartsocks said...

so cute - and I am impressed with your costume making abilities . . . looks great! :)

Rustin and Lynette Polinder said...

I LOVE the costume choice. Very good for the spookiness theme! Love and miss you!