Saturday, November 15, 2008

our afternoon

This afternoon, I finally got out of my pajamas and took Tyler to the park. It was in the 40s, so we bundled up. He rode his trike a little over a mile (one way) from one end of Sedgwick County Park to the playscape, then back again. (He did not want to take his bike because he insisted that he could ride much faster on his trike). We detoured for a bathroom break and then I stressed the rest of the way to the playscape as Tyler swerved around on and off the road.


We were barely at the park, when he got hit in the face by a swing. His lip immediately swelled up and blood was dripping down his face and onto his coat. When he saw the first wipe with so much blood, he said, alarmed, "why am I bleeding so much? I don't want to die, Mommy!" (Obviously, my child has not had any major injuries).


After much reassurance that he would not die from a bleeding lip, he said, "the next time that swing comes close to my face, I'm just going to run fast away from it!"


On our ride back, we enjoyed a beautiful (though cold) sunset. Brrr.

I couldn't get him to look away from his movie to cheese for me. stinker.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Hi Melody! I found your blog from Kathy's and I linked to it from my blog. I hope that's ok...Your little guy is so cute and doesn't that always happen when you go out for a fun time. Someone always gets hurt!

StuckeyBlog said...

Of course it's okay! I didn't know you had a blog...I'll have to find yours too! :)