Monday, February 4, 2008

random bits and pieces

Tyler is cheesing it up for Wayne before they went sledding last week. For those familiar with Wichita, they went to the "hill" off of Kellogg, by Palace west. Wayne said they went pretty fast the first time, so it took some convincing to get him to go again. But, they had fun.
Tyler going "crazy" before a shopping trip with Mommy. He wanted to wear another of Daddy's hats.
Then wore himself out...


Get out your bifocals...these are pictures of Tyler swimming last week. Since parents have to sit so far away, it's hard to get a close shot of them swimming. Tyler is wearing the orange swim trunks.



One on one time.








Our weather has had big ups and downs again. Today was in the upper 60s. Tyler jumped on the neighbor's trampoline. Tomorrow we're supposed to get snow. I did find out that I have a sinus infection. Friday evening I started an antibiotic. It's the third time in my life (that I remember) being on an antibiotic. Though I'm not quite back to full speed yet, I'm starting to feel more like myself. I'm especially happy to have more energy again. ***********************************************
Today was my first day to have group at school. I had 5 today. I had a lot of fun and I think the kids did too. I didn't know what to expect, but I think my time at the Wichita Children's Home was good preparation. Unfortunately, we found out that a student's house burned last night and he and his mother are in the hospital. Some days have such sadness...and not just his family or in our school, but everywhere. Thank goodness for the things that bring us joy and laughter. Or just laughter. I'd better stop there, because the things that make me laugh at work, may not be so funny to other people. You know, you get a weird sense of humor after being in mental health for awhile. I'll leave it at that for tonight. (wink wink).

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Oh, man, Melody, I feel for you in regards to the sinus infection. I had my first one ever last winter and I felt HORRIBLE!!! I had hardly ever been on an antibiotic like that either. Glad you're feeling better again.

Carrie

Lynette Polinder said...

I like your weird sense of humor and I also like getting more of a taste into your weird mental health world, and sad mental health world, and funny mental health world.