Wednesday, January 30, 2008

I was wrong...

I thought I was getting better...but apparently not quite yet. This is definitely not the first time I've been wrong, and obviously won't be the last. I should have known not to go in to work when I woke up throwing up. But, I have so rarely called in sick, and didn't want to be a wuss. After spending my morning meeting huddled in a blanket because I was so chilled, and feeling too out of it to really do my job, I visited the nurse who said I was on the border of having a fever. She told me to go home. That's all I needed to hear. After getting permission to leave from our wonderful principal, I spent the afternoon resting and generally feeling unproductive. Joy of joys.

On a happier note, Tyler had another swimming lesson today. He missed last week due to being sick. I wish I could see him during a lesson, but they are Wednesdays at 10 am, so I'm always at work. He told me that he swam on his back today and had fun. Apparently he was chatting it up with the instructor, which is unusual for Tyler. He told her that he was going to "Old MacDonald's" after swimming lessons. Wayne hadn't planned on going to McDonald's, but since Tyler was so excited about it, they went. I'm amazed with how quickly the lessons make an impact. After Tyler's first lesson, we went swimming at the YMCA. During all last summer, I had tried to get him comfortable with turning onto his back, while I held him close and he always resisted. After that first lesson, he flipped himself over on his own and today said that he had fun doing that. I'm so glad he's enjoying it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How fun that Tyler is enjoying swimming lessons! Hope you're feeling better, Mel! :)