Friday, February 15, 2008

Not share germs

This week was a bit stressful for me at work. I worked late Monday because we had 2 kids return from the bus due to uncontrollable behavior. I'm not sure why, but the next day I was stressing that I was inadequate in working with kids in the time out room. However, on Thursday, I felt like I made a lot of progress with the same child that had caused me to question my helpfullness. That helped boost my confidence. We are busy planning for our crisis intervention training, and I've also been busy with doing groups with most of the classrooms. I am still really loving my job, which is why I think I am stressing about doing it well. (Actually, if I had my way, I'd be perfect at it, but I guess I'll have to accept that I'm not).
Wednesday and tonight, Tyler had swimming lessons. Tonight, I had the chance to watch him for the first time. I don't know if it is because I was there watching, but he was a little goofball, talking to himself the whole time. Afterward, we went out to eat and then to shop for new jeans for Wayne for his birthday. (A little early). We had a fun evening!



Tyler has been asking for chocolate covered pretzels. Tonight, after we got home, he helped me make them. After I accidentally got a little on his fingers, I was wiping them off. He proclaimed:
"Not share germs, share our toys."
He claims he didn't hear this anywhere else. I think it makes sense!



Today, Tyler working on a "chair" made of wooden planks.


Monday, we went to the YMCA to swim. Afterward, we read a story with Leo and Abe.
Random thought - Wednesday morning I woke up with my arms and legs covered in bright red hives. Today, I'm clear. Not sure why I got them, or why they're gone. I guess my body likes to be random like me. :)


No comments: