Sunday, May 26, 2013

DIY Hershey's Chocolate Syrup

I have a little chocoholic in the house. Whenever I'm home, she requests "chocolate waffles." These days, I keep these Buttermilk Waffles in the freezer so I can toast one and top with Nutella.



I also keep chocolate syrup on hand for her requests for chocolate milk. I've had this recipe for years, and didn't write down the source - though I know I found it on the web. It's quick and easy. Enjoy!


DIY Hershey's Chocolate Syrup
1/2 c Hershey's Cocoa (or other brand)
1 c sugar
1 c water
dash salt
1 tsp vanilla extract

Combine cocoa, sugar, water and salt in a medium saucepan. Whisk until smooth. Over medium heat, whisking occasionally, bring to a boil. Allow to boil for one minute, being careful that it does not boil over. Remove from heat and cool. When cool, add vanilla extract. I use a funnel to pour into a squeeze bottle. Store in the refrigerator.





(We re-used a cleaned up sriracha bottle this time).

No comments: