Monday, August 2, 2010

disaster?

While the boys were out of town, I spent a little too long watching HGTV one day. I watched with increasing anxiety, realizing that there were far too many home improvement projects that I just had to tackle immediately. I became completely exhausted at the mere idea of all the things I'd like to do. So, I did what any reasonable person would do. I changed the channel.

However, I decided that there is one inexpensive project that I'd like to tackle. I, perhaps ridiculously, decided to paint all of our worn and dated trim a bright white. Now, as I intend to carry on with the daily duties of life as I tackle this project, it may take weeks...months...hopefully not years.

Today, Tyler helped me to apply the first coat of primer in a bathroom. He was a diligent little helper, and took his job very seriously. This evening, he inspected our work and asked me what I thought about it. I (of course taking into account that it was only the first coat of primer) said that I thought it looked good. I asked what he thought.

He said thoughtfully, "I think it looks like a big disaster."

Oh dear. We'll see what he thinks in the morning when he can inspect the two coats of paint that I applied while he slept.

This might be great...or a big disaster. ;)

2 comments:

Matt said...

That kid... Good luck with the painting. We're almost done painting the basement and I'm ready to put the brush away and not see it for a long time.

Rustin and Lynette Polinder said...

love the encouragement from Tyler. :>)