Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Tahlequah and Home

The start of my two week vacation (the two weeks between summer school and "regular" school) also marked the neighbor's yearly trek to Tahlequah, Oklahoma.

Tyler and Wayne headed out on Sunday morning and spent the next couple of days with two neighbor families. They camped (in the heat, humidity, and a bit of rain...of an Oklahoma summer), went floating down the Arkansas river, enjoyed water slides, and ate lots of yummy food.

Tyler's the little guy looking at you with the bucket hat. (They enjoyed floating both in and out of their rafts).


Aubrey and I held down the fort here at home. Exactly 6 hours after the boys left, the garage door spring broke. In my panic, I was ready to cancel my evening plans. But, with Pat to the rescue, we were freed to go swimming and have dinner with friends.
The next morning, the repairman came and got us all fixed up. I think I weirded him out by taking a picture of him. And I don't blame him either - strange lady, holding a baby while trying to manually focus her camera...and all this for what? the man fixing the garage door. :)
We did just fine, and had a nice relaxing few days.
Here she is, cheesing it up.


The boys got home in the middle of the night last night. This morning, we enjoyed catching up, and swapping stories. While Wayne and I were talking, Tyler enjoyed shooting lots of pictures of Aubrey. He requested that they all be put on my blog. I decided to go for just one. That noisy brother that she loves and misses... is baaaack. And so is Daddy. And we're happy about that. :)

1 comment:

Renita said...

Oh my is she a cutie! Hope you had some fun girl time!