Friday, July 24, 2009

Peaches and Cream Cake

I feel like I've only been posting recipes lately, but bear with me. I tried a new recipe this week for a carry-in at work. I don't normally go for recipes using a lot of prepackaged foods. But, alas, I think this is a keeper. It seems just right to serve in the summer with the yummy peaches. And, you know, it does have cream cheese in it. For me sometimes that's all it takes. :)

Peaches and Cream Cake
By Carol Peters from the cookbook, Edible.

1 box yellow cake mix
4 eggs
1 cup water
1 (3.4 oz) box instant vanilla pudding
1 cup oil

Combine the above ingredients. Pour into a greased and floured 9"x13" pan.

1 (29 oz) can sliced peaches
1 (8 oz) pkg. cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
whipped topping

Drain peaches, reserving the liquid. Arrange sliced peaches over cake batter. Combine cream cheese, sugar and 4-6 tablespoons peach liquid, beating until smooth. Pour over cake mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes. Top each serving with a dollop of whipped topping.

No comments: