Friday, March 27, 2009

Blizzard

I've been slightly distracted this week, thinking about all of the little projects I'd like to get done around the house. Most of these Wayne will tackle because, really, in our house that's who has the know-how, patience and attention to detail that I just don't have. But, WAIT, my garage door broke on Thursday morning. That was not what I had in mind to work on next. But I guess it's on top of the list now, just in time for a spring storm.

I woke up this morning to the sprinklers running - which I knew was not necessary with the kind of weather we were predicted to have today. I ran downstairs and turned them off, then covered the back-flow valve in a small attempt at preventing it from bursting. I came home and Wayne had added another blanket and a light to warm it up. :) Then we added a plastic sheet. It is just such great timing that we finally started watering this week...and now we have a "blizzard" coming. Ha!

So far today we've had lots of sleet and hail (which hurt when it pelted your face). It just now turned to snow. (They're predicting something like a foot or two of snow- but our meteorologists generally exaggerate, so we'll see what actually happens). This pretty much means we will enjoy cozying up at home pretending it's too yucky outside to work too hard. And watching the Jayhawks play tonight. :)


Here's a view from our front door just now.



And Tyler playing his V-Smile with socks on his hands because he's too stubborn to wear a warmer shirt or socks (on his feet). Silly boy!


1 comment:

Rustin and Lynette Polinder said...

Tyler looks like a boy! He has lost his chubbiness. What a little handsome man!