Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Snow Ice Cream

We didn't get the blizzard they predicted, but we did get more snow. My call came late last night and early morning for Tyler that we were in for Snow Day #4. I was surprised...for the first time in nearly a week, I had gotten my and Tyler's bags ready.
 
It's been nearly a solid week of sweats, pjs, and outdoor gear... :) I've had my stir-crazy moments, and times I'm ready to get back into routine. But, overall, I've really appreciated this time with my family.
 
Today, there was more snow play, and we tried making snow ice cream. Thanks, Paula Deen for the recipe inspiration.
We just took a bowl of snow, drizzled some sweetened condensed milk, added vanilla and homemade strawberry jam.

 


Aubrey just ate snow and refused to try it. But Tyler and I thought it was yummy.



No comments: