Saturday, February 18, 2012

Quiche

Last week held full, stressful days at school, so on Thursday when I came home to supper already baking, it was a nice treat.


I was amused that Wayne had documented his progress.


But, I'm glad he did. It was delicious. We finished the entire thing!


Quiche

Unbaked pie crust  dough (1 cup flour, 1/2 cup Crisco, 1/4 cup cold water, 1/2 tsp salt). Mix and press into ungreased 9-inch pie plate.

8-oz extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
2 tablespoons flour
4 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cups milk
3/4 cups diced ham (instead, Wayne used a mixture of broccoli-sauteed until softened, ham and salami)
1/4 tsp salt
dash pepper

Toss cheese and flour in a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients. Mix well. Pour into crust. Bake at 350* for 1 hour, or until golden brown and set.

1 comment:

Deb said...

Melody, my school life has been crazy too. I have a feeling our days are not too dissimilar. I'm so glad we both have supportive husbands. Sometimes I wonder why more fulltime working moms don't blog and then I remember...