Ice Cream Cake
Adapted from a recipe from my Aunt Joye
2 (1/2-gallon) containers ice cream
(Tyler picked Cappuccino Chunky Chocolate and Cookies and Cream)
1 cup chocolate chips
2 cups crushed Oreo cookies (frosting removed)
1/2 jar hot fudge topping, warmed (optional)
1 8-oz container Cool Whip
* In the microwave, melt the chocolate chips. Mix well with Oreo crumbs. Spread on waxed paper to cool and then break apart.
* In a 10-inch spring form pan, spread 1 container softened ice cream. Spread the hot fudge topping on top of the ice cream then sprinkle with the Oreo and chocolate mixture. If you'd like, only sprinkle 2 cups of the crumbs and reserve the remaining to decorate the top of the cake.
* Freeze for at least 30 minutes. Add the second container ice cream. Freeze for at least 4 hours.
* Remove the sides of the spring-form pan. (You may run a little warm water on the side to loosen). Return to freezer until firm.
* Spread Cool Whip evenly over the top and sides and freeze again before decorating.