Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Spring fever

I'm starting to feel the itch of spring fever. The trees have had their pretty buds and blooms for a couple of weeks. The daffodils are fading and the tulips are in full bloom. Today we have a wind advisory...not something I really remember having in Indiana. Luckily, we have the lovely spring temperature of 70 degrees, so it does not yet feel like a convection oven as it does in the middle of summer.

Speaking of summer, we have made plans to head to Indiana! Ted has so kindly agreed to allow Tyler and I to join him on his trek to Indiana leaving on May 24. (My last day of school/work for this school year is May 23). I'm very thankful that I won't have to make the 14 hour trip alone. AND, I am very excited to be home to visit friends and family again.

OK - here's my Tyler quotes (that I remember) from the past week or so...

We were watching a commercial with a cute little dog. After it was over, Tyler said, "I want to buy a dog and a baby sister."

I am bad about remembering or taking the time to have Tyler complete art projects. So, last week I suggested that Tyler make Grandpa Norm a birthday card which he was eager to complete. (Grandpa Norm has received it, so I feel free to write about it). He wanted to paint and picked out fish stickers because
"Grandpa likes to eat them, and throw them, and ...be crazy! Grandpa's crazy about fish. " I thought that was funny and proceeded to affirm that Grandpa does like to eat fish and explained that Grandpa likes to scuba dive, and what that entails. He thought about it for a few minutes, then said, "that's like a mermaid or something."



A week and a half ago, I accidentally cut my thumb, and I'm still wearing bandaids because...well that part is gross. Anyway, tonight I was re applying my band aids and Tyler (who is apparently very tired) began crying, "I want that bandaid because my skin keeps flapping off."
Here is the ensuing tantrum. Please be warned, this is rather annoying. Though somehow it seemed more annoying at the time than on video. I recorded him to see whether it would distract him. Soon after, he watched himself and couldn't help but laugh.




Tonight he said, "Mommy, you're so cute. You're so precious. I'm hugging myself. I love myself." Here he is, hugging himself.


2 comments:

Kathy Beachy said...

Cute! Isn't it something how sweet they can be one minute and then throw a tantrum the next.

Anonymous said...

I miss you guys, especially after just talking with y'all on the phone. Thanks so much for this blog--I love knowing what's going on with your lives. :)