Friday, January 25, 2008

I am (almost) certified

I spent this week in training to become a certified trainer of Nonviolent Crisis Intervention. It's a program designed to teach staff how to help de-escalate behavior, including some physical intervention as a last resort, to promote the best "care, welfare, safety and security" of our students. (You hear that repeated over and over all week).
I feel badly for my fellow participants who, at some point, all had to be my partner. That took some bravery considering the number of times I had to blow my nose. Yuck! Today, I had to "teach" a part of the training, which was a little anxiety-provoking, but not bad. Anyway, assuming I passed my exam this afternoon, I will be able to begin training our school staff. Our school psychologist attended the training as well, so we'll be able to work together. Training staff will begin in February. I'm actually kind of excited. I think it could be fun. (Of course, I'm sure it'll be stressful too). Anyway, I'm also glad this week is done.
Another plus for today, is that I can say with confidence that I'm feeling better. Hooray! Wayne says he thinks he is healthy again and Tyler is looking like he's feeling much better too. So, hopefully we can keep this good thing going.

1 comment:

Carolyn Miller said...

Melody, you make your Mom and Dad proud!