Sunday, January 13, 2013

Let's Celebrate!

Friday, we celebrated Aubrey's 3rd birthday with Ted and Sue. (Even though she doesn't turn three until Tuesday, this is when it worked to get together).

For the past, oh, six months or so, she's been asking when she is going to have her "birthday cake" and wants to wear a "party hat."


She asked for a blue princess cake...and picked a funfetti cake. In retrospect, I should have probably gone with chocolate since she's slightly obsessed with anything chocolate, but this one looked fun.  Also, in retrospect, I should have positioned the fairy princess a bit higher...so she didn't look like she was drowning. :) Aubrey didn't mind, of course.




Her only other birthday request was for "red meat." I don't know whether she even knows what that means, but it cracked me up. So, we had hamburgers, broccoli (which she loves), and macaroni and cheese. Martha Stewart's Perfect Macaroni and Cheese, that is. Sadly the kids didn't like it. I thought it was great. Whatever.

Then some play time with Grandpa Ted while we cleaned up dishes.



I think she loves her new Woofer.


Wayne made sure baby Polly was taken care of.


New magnetic doll set from Grandpa and Grandma...such tired eyes and crazy hair from the party hat.


Felt food from us.


I had to post this because Tyler actually cooperated with taking a picture. Miracles do happen. ;)


And finally, a chess lesson with Grandpa Ted.


2 comments:

Melissa said...

Happy birthday sweet cheeks! I love that pic of post-hat Aubrey! And wow, Tyler is so grown up!

Melissa said...

Happy birthday sweet cheeks! I love that pic of post-hat Aubrey! And wow, Tyler is so grown up!