Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Washington Visit

My sister, Lynette, celebrated a milestone birthday on June 29. Rusty coordinated a trip that weekend to celebrate together in Washington. My cousin, Trina, and her husband Trent and daughter Tipper Olive were able to fly out for the weekend too.

I went alone, and I worried before leaving how Aubrey would make sense of my absence. Of course, she was fine. Somehow, even though I didn't have to pack for children (think DVD players, snacks, toys, etc), I forgot to bring my camera!!!! What!?! So, thanks Trina for sharing your pictures.

I know I've said this before, but living hundreds of miles away from most of my family makes me really treasure the time we do get to spend together.

I really loved seeing where Rusty and Lynette live. We stayed next door to Rusty's parents with neighbors who welcomed us like family. We experienced some incredible hospitality while we were there.



We went to see Deception Pass.
Lynette, Trina and the snugly babes. :)




Rusty, Lynette and little Hank



It was so good to just be together. The delicious food and shopping was the icing on the cake. (That I can't stop thinking about).

Now...when is that next trip? :)

No comments: