Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Weekend Work

The excitement at our house lately has involved...being excited for family and friends and their expected additions. Since I'm not sure who/which I can speak freely about, I will leave it at that.

Though it's not so exciting at our house, one project I've started is painting. After painting a couple of doors, I thought painting the trim white would look better than the honey oak finish we have. Now I think the whole house would look nice with white trim. Needless to say, that's a little bit overwhelming to think about. I had already painted the chair rail in the kitchen, when I found out I needed to prime it first so it won't peel back off. So, after a week of scraping it back off, I was finally ready to prime and paint it on Saturday. I also did some yard work that day and because of it, I was pretty tired out. Tyler didn't get as much attention as I'd like (to make up for my yelling at him not to touch the wet paint all day long). Poor boy.

On Sunday Ted and Sue came down for a visit. For lunch, they took us out to eat at Olive Garden. Yum! Wayne and I took the opportunity of an available van to pick up a storm door (which I'm probably a little too excited about having). I'll add that to my to do list for Wayne... At this moment, it's still sitting in its box in the garage. Then we came back and enjoyed playing dominoes. It was a relaxing and enjoyable afternoon. We cuddled up in the evening amidst 70 mile an hour winds and ultimately about 5 1/2 inches of rain to watch a movie (and Wayne kept an eye on the weather since the sirens kept going - we never did have to hide out in the storage room, thank goodness). A good old Kansas spring storm! Since then, it's been cold and kind of dreary. Reminds me a little of home. :) But, it is nice to have a little bit of spring weather instead of the usual jump from 40 degree to 80+ degree weather seemingly overnight. Now, if only I could convince the bunnies it's time to find someone else's flowers to munch on this year...

1 comment:

Carolyn Miller said...

I heard there was a tornado in Wichita KS... Glad you are fine