Friday, March 21, 2008

Spring Break!

Can I just say that working in a school rocks! I get Spring Break too!! I love it! As I expected, the week has flown by. Okay, I'll try to calm down now.

An update on the range hood. It's toast. Though I did put forth my best effort, it looked pretty sad when the paint dried. We found a pretty cheap replacement online...that will be here next week. So, in the meantime, cooking without my bright light and without a vent isn't ideal, but it really isn't that bad either.

This week, I'm trying out painting again, only this time, the walls. I'm nearly finished with painting our living room/kitchen. It was white (but poorly painted by the previous owners) and is now "classic taupe." It seems warmer, but I like that it is also evenly painted. Really, the only difficulty has been the peaks of the vaulted ceiling. (And taking care of all the other things that need to be taken care of while a mommy tries to get something done).

The other day, Tyler and I were reading books before bed. He piped up, "mommy I want a baby sister. I want a baby brother. I don't want to be the only one." I explained that it's not just up to Mommy, but Daddy too. He said, "tell Daddy I want a baby brother. Tell him loud!" I asked why I would tell him "loud." He said, "so he hears you." I thought it was precious. I wish we could have another baby, but we just can't right now. Hopefully someday... Those little moments make me melt.

Today, he was asking for a car, Junior, (from Cars). I explained that we'll need to wait for it to be sold individually because it's too expensive in the big pack it's in. He said, "I can get lots of money. I can get thousands of money. I can hold lot of lot of money. That pack needs a bazillion of money. I can hold bazillion. Give me thousands of money. Give me that" Ha ha ha. :)

Last weekend, we left Tyler overnight for the first time. He was very excited to spend time with his Grandma and Grandpa. From what they said, he did really well and he seemed to really enjoy himself. Wayne and I really had a great time too. It was really nice to have time together as a couple again. We shopped (and mostly bought little gifts for Tyler). We had a yummy lunch at Indian Palace for lunch and enjoyed eating a late supper (around 9 pm) at Free State Brewery. We had a leisurely Sunday morning (well, kind of as we were exercising) and ate lunch before heading home.


Here we are, in a little shop where we bought yummy Milka chocolate... (I'm wearing my first and only knitted scarf).

...and saw chocolate bacon.

Here we are with Matt and Michelle in the hotel.




Wayne shaved his beard over the weekend.



Matt and Michelle, during a shopping outing (it was cold last weekend).




I crocheted my first scarf this weekend. It was so much fun. It goes much quicker than knitting. I hope to get lots more practice in both.

Tyler really enjoys wearing his new scarf.

He is holding his elephants that have become favorite lovies of his. The mini dragon was doing something strange to the elephant's trunk.



Tyler and I dyed eggs this week.




He's painting a picture while I'm painting the walls. He told me that this was a picture of me when I was a princess.



When Ty woke up Wednesday morning, he came down wearing his tiger mask. He had morning breath and puffy eyes and was absolutely adorable, if I do say so myself.



Yesterday, the weather warmed up a bit and we went to the zoo. Ty is standing with his friend Abe, and Abe's friend, Max looking at the hippos.



Here they are being goofy.


No comments: