Sunday, June 24, 2012

The last 3 weeks...

...have been busy. Exhausting, really. Our goal - to paint the house. Here's what it looked like 3 weeks ago.

We hired someone to put new siding on the front of the house, the chimney and a few places around the bottom of the house. This is Day 1 of demo - June 4.

While we were at it, we replaced the windows in Tyler and Aubrey's rooms.

It seemed that we found lots of other projects that needed a section of the front railing...

that Wayne rebuilt.

My poor children. One day, Aubrey slept through the pounding as siding was being put on outside her bedroom. Another day she refused to nap and fell asleep sitting up in the kitchen.

My fear of heights and being up high on the ladder got much better after a couple of days of working.

And here we are. Three weeks later. I'm so glad it's done!
(Well, of course there are still more things we're working on...but the painting part is done). :)


Renita said...

Oooohhhhh I love the darker color. You have a beautiful house. I love it. You did good. Can't believe you attempted to paint that by yourselves. Way to save money! And your arms and abs probably got a little workout too!

Melissa said...

it looks fabulous!!! great job, Stuckeys!