Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving

I love Thanksgiving weekend. I've had a chance to do a little cleaning, a little shopping, and a little cooking. Tyler and I had a chance for a few activities too.

First we made these turkey cups. They were easy and (I think) cute.


We also made these pilgrim hats (to hold crayons at the dinner table) and pilgrim and Native American decorations (made from TP rolls).


Yesterday, Tyler and I went on a Thanksgiving Scavenger Hunt.  It was my secret ploy to get him to burn off some energy. Even though it was nice and warm, it was very windy outside. We found everything but people throwing a football and another family on a walk. The only people we saw outside, in fact, were men working with their grills or smokers or fryers. :)

I also made a Treasure Hunt for him. I got a kick out of Aubrey "reading" his clues.



In the evening, we joined Ted and Sue at Hesston College for dinner. I am so thankful for family and friends near and far. Love you all! I hope you enjoyed the blessing of good food and good fellowship too.

1 comment:

Renita said...

You are so freakin' creative. I love it and love your energy. Can you send those little crafts to my kids - along with instructions? Well, too late I guess for this year but NEXT year. I am also very glad for family & friends during this Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays. So grateful. Maybe we'll see you during Christmas if you are out in Indiana/????