Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Fudge

A couple of years ago, a coworker brought some fudge to share. It was delicious. I couldn't stay out of it. I didn't forget about it, and finally got the recipe and made it myself. I just love this recipe!


The fudge is pictured in the center.
On the left are Black Bottom Brownies and on the right are Samoa's. For the Samoa's, I used this caramel recipe in place of the packaged caramels the original recipe calls for. Next time, I'll look for a more sturdy shortbread as this crumbled off very easily. Anyway, onto the fudge!
Fudge
-Carol Abrahams

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1 can evaporated milk
4 1/2 cups sugar
18 large marshmallows
8 oz Hershey Chocolate (I used a combination of Special Dark and Milk
  Chocolate)
12 oz Chocolate Chips (I used Nestle semisweet chips)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups chopped nuts (I don't like fudge with nuts, so I didn't use this)

Melt butter in a large saucepan. Stir in evaporated milk and sugar. Over low heat, bring to a low boil for 10 minutes.

In a mixing bowl, add sugar mixture to marshmallows.  Stir until dissolved. Add Hershey chocolate and chocolate chips  slowly, stirring well until the mixture is smooth. Stir in vanilla. Add nuts, if desired.

Pour into a pan lined with wax paper. (I used an 8"x11.5" casserole).

Cool until solid and turn out onto a cutting board. Remove wax paper and cut into pieces.

No comments: