Sunday, July 10, 2011

a little catch up

We've been busy with a little of this (working, painting, swimming at the YMCA, going to the park) and a little of that (a fun July 4th party with friends, taking the kids to the Sedgwick County Fair by myself, date night)...but have I taken pictures or written about them? No. Sorry Grandparents who live far far away.

Here's a small tidbit from today, only because I'm already writing...with not much else to say. :) At 12:30 pm, I not-so-wisely but full of enthusiasm, headed out for a walk. It was WAAAAY too hot. When I had to take a break so that I wouldn't pass out, I was feeling quite pathetic. I was taking A Break. From a Walk. Wow. When I arrived at home, separately, both Tyler and Wayne strongly suggested that I take a shower. Apparently I smelled about as good as I felt. :) .

Random side note: Today I thoroughly appreciated this article explaining that mysterious "outside smell." Wayne and I have discussed what this is for a long time. (And really, had no clue what it was).

It ended up getting up to 111 degrees today, so Wayne and Tyler enjoyed swimming and later running in the sprinklers to try to keep cool. I felt quite dizzy again later on - don't know if it was still from the heat, but I'm going to blame it on that. Ha!

Time for this heat wave to let up!



That's it for now. :)

No comments: